DayZ

I never got a chance to play the mod, my old PC couldn't run it. I recently bought a new PC, so I bought the new standalone thats still in alpha, its an amazing game. I've never played anything like it. At first I thought I was going to hate it, I died 4 times in a row, twice from being sick and once from to hungry and another from being to thirsty. I couldn't figure it out. Finally a friend got on and explained some things to me, so we decided to try and meet up, I died twice from zombies, though every life I was living longer and finding better supplys. Finally me and my 2 buddys meet up, we quickly deiced to move to the airbase to get guns and ammo, I had nothing and my buddys had a rifle and some pistols. they gave me one, and I ended up shooting the only other player we saw, he had lots of food, it was useful. We all died a couple days later when we played not much has happened. I really enjoyed playing and would like to play more. Anyone here plays and would like to try and team up and get some gear or something I'm down just add me on steam.<br>

Comments

• The mod is extremely fun, haven't got SA yet but I love me some mod. Used to play on an Epoch server and I ran with one of the groups that had a lot, and I mean a lot, of gear. We would run raids on peoples bases by crashing planes into them to break down walls. I remember laying siege on another groups base, with my buddies in a APC watching the exit and another firing RPG's into the walls, while me and some of the other guys were watching windows with snipers. Man that game is fun, hope they add some sort of base building in SA, or something like that.
  • edited January 2015
    that sounds really fun, i havent played the mod, are there still servers? that would be cool if they added some way to make bases.<br>
  • Tons of servers for mod still run, it's probably about the same size as SA.
  • looks like ill be downloading that tonight!<br>
  • Hey if you guys need an extra man let me know. would love the get a little group going for dayz<br>
  • Just bought SA tonight, excited to get started playing, if anyone wants to play with me add me on steam. (Its "Zenhenko" not the steam linked to my forum profile)

• I wasn't a fan of the SA, it wasn't as good as the mod in my eyes

• Me and Pvt. Francesco are currently playing on a 4 hour, daily persistent reset server and we've both gotten pretty geared. I didn't take pictures for my first life, but I found a VS3 and picked up Franny, then we went over to Vybor military base where we were ambushed by 2 guys, at that point I booked out of there with the truck to the south and Franny ran up to NWAF. Franny survived in NWAF while I looted the Pavlov military base, but soon died from a hoard of 7 zombies.

The next day I played for ~5 hours alone and looted the entire north side of the map. Me and Franny met up at NWAF and then looted Vybor military base again, but it was empty. Heres a few pics.

Starting off

enter image description here

I crashed that truck 30 seconds after finding it, but this is the most geared I've ever been and it feels good. I'm sort of nervous to keep playing because I love my gear.

• 1st rule of DayZ, never ever get attached to your gear.
    Nice pics PFC!

• Looking good! Add me on steam, me and a couple friends play, we could all team up.

• Started playing DayZ again today, I am trying to get into DayZ RP but my god is the whitelist process annoying and long.

• edited February 2016

@Cpl. Zenhenko said:
    Started playing DayZ again today, I am trying to get into DayZ RP but my god is the whitelist process annoying and long.

I used to be a Gamemaster In DayzRP :)
    Hit me up if you need help.

• Now that the game is fixed (for the most part), anyone down to run together?