Monitor for gaming?

We have a mouse thread and then we have a headset thread... I'm going to need a gaming monitor thread. I'm looking to buy a new monitor with around 200-300 euros budget. I'm thinking of 24" as that's about the max I can fit on my desk. I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770.

My 19" ViewSonic VA1926w has served me well the past six years but it's time to move on... any help is greatly appreciated! Feel free to post your monitor below!

Comments

• edited April 2015

This is my monitor BenQ 24" 3D LED XL2411Z :), serves me well

• edited April 2015

Not sure where you live, but here is from Germany. Probably any of those would be good. The main thing is IPS and 1920x1080, you'll notice an incredible difference when you get a monitor with that. Just make sure to read the reviews before you purchase one.

• I have two GL2450 monitors on a bracket so I can twist the pair at once. Something I very much appreciate after receiving the pair as a Christmas gift and so far I've been loving the fact I can now look, watch or chat on one screen whilst playing a game on the other without having to repeatedly spam alt-tab and wonder why I died in the game.

enter image description here

• Oh ya, two $150 monitors is much better than 1 $300 monitor.

• edited April 2015

I've been looking into some Monitors as well. I'm currently using a 32inch Vizio TV, and some junky 20inch megavision monitor.

• Mine is an AOC e2351Fh

• edited April 2015

ASUS VS248HP

• 24"
    • 2ms HDMI
    • LED Backlight
    • Widescreen LCD Monitor
    • 250 cd/m2
    • ASCR 50,000,000:1
  • edited April 2015

Basically look for high contrast ratio, low response time and good reviews and you cant really go to wrong :)

Also for 200-300 euros you could consider some 120 hz monitors or look at some larger resolutions such as 1200p. I wont link anything because prices vary by reigion but for your price range you can get some very nice 24 inch monitors indeed.

You could also look at IPS monitors, they are more costly but give an overall better image quality than LED.

• I went and picked up a 28inch vivzo tv today for my main monitor. Works much better than that 32inch.

• About response times, don't trust the response times given by the manufacturers as they give the shortest response time possible which is not really representative for the "average" response time.

• Finally got around ordering one, thanks for the inputs! Found a good deal + nice reviews.

AOC 24" G2460PQU

• ASUS VG 248: 1 ms

• HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort/
    • 144 Hz
    • 1920x1080p
  • I am thinking about getting a 21:9 monitor for Arma. Anyone have some feedback?. I've watched a few youtube videos with people playing 21:9 and the field of view looks.... AMAZING. Just wanna get some personal feedback though of pros and cons of playing with that ratio.