What Headset Do You Use?

2»

Comments

• edited November 2016

The right ear lamentably died on those stellar cans above, although for $99 (in '08 that was around £55) they lasted about eight years now I'm using:

enter image description here

As Alessandro's modified Grados aren't worth shipping from the US to the UK in the current economic climate sadly. (To any American considering a good entry level pair of headphones the Alessandro MS1i for $99 is simply unmatched in its class and outperforms most >$150 headphones.)

• enter image description here

Best headset I've had so for as for sound quality and microphone quality, because Sennheiser is bae. Bought it for 60 euros as original price is 100 so definitely worth it.

• more than what you all are putting down, i wanna know how i can split the comms of Squad to be piped thru to my headset and all other sounds (gunfire, explosions, vehicle engines) to go to my speaker.

• @Private Joshua E. Jimenez said:

more than what you all are putting down, i wanna know how i can split the comms of Squad to be piped thru to my headset and all other sounds (gunfire, explosions, vehicle engines) to go to my speaker.

you could use virtual audio cable for this. set teamspeak to export to your headset and then set steam/arma in windows settings to export it to your virtual audio device and then let your speakers listen to that device. Works flawless for me when I want to isolate sounds.

Apologies for replying to this just over 7 months late.

• edited November 2019

Razer Kraken V2

• Cloud Revolver for more than 2 years, and I love it!

• Although I don’t have much use for the mic, I picked up the G935 a couple weeks ago and absolutely love it. For the longest time I used some stereo headphones that were relatively high quality, but after hearing my roommate’s bf’s cloud revolver, with surround sound, I knew I wanted something with surround sound. Now Logitech was never good on my books, they always made things that looked made for gamers, but the quality always lacked, but through research and recommendation, I said screw it let’s try em. They surround sound took a little getting used to, but with how much bass there is, I can quite literally hear people running around me, and surround sound alone is much better than the Cloud Revolver imo. For sure would recommend these.

• At that price point I would buy a Sennheiser Game Zero, better soundstage, more precise. But those new Logi headsets are not bad either.
    This is great:

• edited November 2019

Roccat Noz

Pros:

• Good audio quality
    • Smaller in size than most gaming headsets
    • Uses a plug-in microphone stick which I can just seperate from the headset if it gets in the way
    • Very comfortable to wear because it has good ear space (with my previous headset, my ear flips would hurt after some time)

Cons:

• Makes an ugly dent in my hair
    • The mute button is located on the back of the left ear, meaning it's easily enabled when I put down my headset, so I have to make sure it's not on every time before I talk in the microphone (and sometimes I forget to do that)