U.S. Army 29th Infantry Division, ATTN: AHRC-OP-S, 1 Reserve Way

Fort Belvoir, VA 22060

SUBJECT: Unqualified Resignation

1.I hereby tender my unqualified resignation as an Enlisted Soldier in the

United States Army under the provisions of Chapter 6, Section III,

AR 135-175.

2.I understand that if my resignation is accepted I am entitled to an

honorable separation and will be furnished an Honorable Discharge

Certificate. I understand that I cannot resign if I am a statutory obligor.

Signature
Mark A. Hartley
Name (Type or Print)
First Sergeant Senior NCO Baker Company HQ
Rank Position Platoon/Squad
I just want to say its been a privilege to be Company Sergeant of Baker Company and I have enjoyed every minute of it. However in the last few weeks certain events have made think towards RL, particularly my family and work. Although I could carry on, I feel now is the time to move on and let someone else have a go.

People to thank - well there are too many really to mention all great blokes, but I will single out a few. SSgts Kruihtof & Sterk - my two apprentices - I will miss you boys, and T/3 Swomma - the best clerk within the 29th - couldn't have done it without him; All the Platoon HQs - SSgts. Bagge and Kim and Noye, and WO1 Brewer, who I hope next time I call in has a bar on his shoulder! And Lts Derby and Dashwood, and finally Cpt. Patty - I know it's tough running outside company but if you get the right bloke in to replace me and you'll be right. It has been a pleasure working with you, Captain.

So to Sgt. Corrion and all the rest of the boys within the squads - look after yourselves and maybe one day I'll see you on the other side. Enjoy!

*Salute*
Reason for leaving
APPROVED
Approved/Disapproved
Commander Signature
23rd of May 2017
Date

Comments

• edited May 2017

It really is a massive shame to see you go FSgt, I hope one day you can find the time to return; the 29th will always be a much better unit with you around! Good luck and thanks for everything.

• It was an honor serving with you FSgt. Maybe you will come back one day.

• Most dissapointing, really sad to see you leaving FSgt.

I hope you will hang around cause your experience & wisdom is very important for all 29thers!

Salute

• You will be missed FSgt.
    Remember that family comes first, but trust us to be here if you decide to come back.
    Cheers and good luck!

• Thank you for everything FSgt, come back one day!

• This is an very sad day for the 29th, thank you for all your lessons FSgt.!

• Goodbye FSgt, been an honor serving with you Salute

• It was an honor serving with you FSgt. I have learned a lot from your wisdom.

• edited May 2017

You were that Kiwi everybody would love to have as older, wiser but yet cheerful uncle.
    We'll be waiting for your return, First Sergeant Hartley!

• Take it easy FSgt.

• You're an all around good guy First Sergeant, likely the best I've ever been under in the 29th. You always had our best interest in mind and Baker company will miss you.

• Really sad to see you leave. You were always one of the members to look up to in the 29th. Take care FSgt. and I hope to see you again!

• Best of luck First Sergeant.
    Take care

• Take care FSgt., Ever forward.

• Take care FSgt.

• Was an honour serving under you, FSgt! Come back soon!

• Best of luck out there, FSgt.

• It has been an honour working for you, FSgt! Take care, take time and come back to us :) Good luck!

• It really sucks seeing you leave FSgt.! I remember you coming in as our platoon Sergeant of BP1 back in 2013 and all the hard work you put into the platoon to make it as good as it possibly could be. One of the most dedicated members in the unit for sure! Hope to see you return some day.

• edited May 2017

Sad to see you leaving 29th and Baker FSgt., but life must go on. Good luck with real life FSgt., you will be missed.

• You will be missed my old Dog brother, it has bin a long rode FSgt. you haw don a lot for Baker and we a gradful best of luck in life

• Take care FSgt. It's a bloody shame to see you leave. All the best to you!

• What a blow. Take good care in RL FSgt. Thank you for your service.