Badge (Matt Shields)

TSgt. Crane said:

Of all the people I have known in the 29th over my long, long years of service I have never had the pleasure of having someone both be so utterly terrifying with their AIT AND remain with me for the vast majority of my service. Most squad leaders and upper leadership salivate at the idea of having one or two guys, even temporarily, who know their business so well that you can completely rely on them for their work, and for me I’ve had the pleasure of having many serve under me. None, however, have served with me for such time or consistent skill as T/5 Shields. From the annals of EP3, through to EP5, and now at last in our comfortable home of FP2, T/5 Shields has put his grenadiering skills to work making every single opponent we’ve faced cry. Be it in inter-battalion tournaments like EBOTS way back when, or at Scrims where even a half-kilometer of desert does nothing to stop his aim, T/5 Shields has been putting 40mm grenades on target, non-stop, without fail. Though it has taken far too long to get this out there, it is my absolute privilege to recommend him for his Grenadier Expert Badge; in fact, the very first of its kind in ALL of Second Battalion. Congratulations, T/5 Shields, for there is truly no one your match.

Absolutely deserved, well done! Salute

HUGE. So well deserved, congratulations T/5 Shields

The first! I’m so proud to know this absolute beast of a grenadier. Congrats, T/5 Shields!

This is beyond deserved!