U.S. Army 29th Infantry Division, ATTN: AHRC-OP-S, 1 Reserve Way

Fort Belvoir, VA 22060

SUBJECT: Unqualified Resignation

1.I hereby tender my unqualified resignation as an Enlisted Soldier in the

United States Army under the provisions of Chapter 6, Section III,

AR 135-175.

2.I understand that if my resignation is accepted I am entitled to an

honorable separation and will be furnished an Honorable Discharge

Certificate. I understand that I cannot resign if I am a statutory obligor.

Erwan Pirou
Signature
Erwan Pirou
Name (Type or Print)
PFC Crewman First Class Dog Company, First Platoon, Second Squad
Rank Position Platoon/Squad

Hello,

Many of you may know me, some may not,

I have enlisted the 05-12-2017 in the 29th, after meeting PFC Yukki, while I was raining down napalm on some talking bushes.

I attended the 964th TP and passed correctly, I got appointed in the well known DP1S1 squad, where I met many unique people, then I got promoted to PFC, got a Silver Star out of pure luck and shenanigans with the double barreled shotgun and the more than hazardous RPG, to then changing role to Crewman, which I bet many of you will remember me and my PTSD inducing flight.

And here I am now finishing my course in DP1S2, because yes I am leaving.

So I would like to thank many people who have discharged before me. Without them my experience in the 29th would have never been the same:

PFC Kouters
PFC Ental
PFC Kyle
PFC Osipchyk
PFC Wilbury
Pvt. Ryasonen
Pvt. Tsimarakis
Cpl. Guthrie
PFC Lampitt
PFC Barvenko
T/5 Suárez
Sgt. Knezevic
PFC Antoine
Sgt. Peroni

and many who I have forgotten their names.

Special thanks to T/5 Yukki without who all this story would have never happened.

Then of course I would like to thank all still in DP1 and the 29th, I may not do a list because it would be way too long
Sgt. Meerts, 2Lt. Griffin, Cpl. Duran, Cpl. Stutz and T/5 Elbayed to actually name a very few.
So yes this is goodbye, at least and hopefully not a final one, but I do not have the time to attend the drills anymore. Cpl. Duran already knew about that and everyone saw my decline in attendance for me to basically become a ghost, so yes it’s long overdue since I should have asked for a discharge. I was hoping my work schedule to change back to better times, but it’s only getting worse.
I wish I could have done more.

And so it is with a heavy heart that I say to you all, goodbye.

Reason for leaving
APPROVED
Approved/Disapproved

Commander Signature
3rd May 2022
Date

Another legend retires :frowning: ; take care PFC Pirou and good luck out there!

It was an honor to serve with you. Good luck PFC Pirou!

It is unfortunate to see such a legendary pilot and CE leaves. Good luck in your RL commitment PFC Pirou and comeback as soon as you can!

This hurts bad :frowning:
Best of lucks Pirou, so glad of the time I’ve shared with you in the very old DP1S1, I hope we get to see you back soon!

It was really nice to meet You. Enjoyed all these years while still guesting from Able to be in the same squad and later on.
I wish you all best.

Gonna miss you dude, hopefully you can come back but if not, I wish you the best of luck Pirou!

• Holtz

Take care out there Pirou! Was good to serve alongside you all these years, I hope you can come visit from time to time! And remind everyone why you dont move out of cover when theres a loach overhead.

Another among the earliest Dog enlistees says goodbye. You’re a legend Pirou, take care.