U.S. Army 29th Infantry Division, ATTN: AHRC-OP-S, 1 Reserve Way

Fort Belvoir, VA 22060

SUBJECT: Unqualified Resignation

1.I hereby tender my unqualified resignation as an Enlisted Soldier in the

United States Army under the provisions of Chapter 6, Section III,

AR 135-175.

2.I understand that if my resignation is accepted I am entitled to an

honorable separation and will be furnished an Honorable Discharge

Certificate. I understand that I cannot resign if I am a statutory obligor.

Signature
Jamie N. Stray
Name (Type or Print)
Second Lieutenant Platoon Leader Charlie Company, Second Platoon
Rank Position Platoon/Squad

2Lt. Stray said

“Who knew that an intended brief stint of 6 months would lead to another 4 years. It is surprising that the media is not reporting on the most addictive thing on the streets, the 29th. For who can replace a community that seems to be eternal despite the enormous logistical and human challenges. Such challenges have defined the 29th, for other communities have floundered and fallen by the wayside while the 29th survives and thrives. It is the sheer will, tradition and determination of the unit that keeps the likes of us returning, even when we think that we never will.

As we grow, the ticking of the clock becomes louder. I always thought that in my teen years I would have all the time in the world to do as I like but as usual, the realities of life and maturity mean that we must make pragmatic decisions that sometimes go against the heart. For I have hit a point in my life where time is precious and demanding, which means my duties as a leader cannot be fulfilled and it is why you are reading this message.

CP2, it has been an honour to have led you over the past 2 years and I thank you for the privilege. We have grown as a community, reached new heights as a group and weathered many storms. I am very fond of you all and what we have achieved, and it is with great sadness that I must step away from you all now.

Cpl. Tan. You get up at crazy AM to teach and lead those under your charge. You keep us entertained with stories about history that you diligently work on in the civil affairs. I will always appreciate how you’ve had to mould your life around the 29th to be here with us, and deeply respect it.

PFC Gates. You are a blossoming leader that has the determination and grit to be great. Don’t let self doubt bite you for I have full faith in you and your abilities. I know that you are one of the generations of leaders that will help propel the 29th into the future.

Sgt. Falenty. You are a great individual. It has been an honour to watch you grow and thrive as a leader and as a human being. You embody what it is to be an NCO in this unit, for you are strict but fair. You care deeply for your men but also the standards of the unit. You are not afraid to speak your mind, and you go to bat for those below you.

Cpl. van Gastel. Your work beyond your role to assist the 29th with any form of technical issue be it with peoples machines, or fundamental challenges to our mod, you are there to assist without hesitation. Such qualities you cannot buy, for you are a role model for your squad, platoon and company. Keep doing what you are doing, and do not allow despair to overwhelm you for you are precisely who you need to be.

Sgt. Kal. You have years of experience of the 29th and as such, your advice has always been welcomed warmly. Your level headed and mature outlook has helped me no bounds to process the demands of leadership and of life itself. Whenever I needed you to be there, you were there. A valued and appreciated shoulder to lean on. The resident big brother of the platoon. I am grateful for all you have done to push CP2 forward.

PFC Bedekovich. The class clown. Able to bring humour to the gloomiest of situations. Despite the jokes, you are serious about providing a fun and constructive experience for those in your squad and the platoon. You understand deeply what it is to have a strong squad culture and bond, that is what I’ve always admired about you.

It’s never easy to say goodbye to people you care about, but this is not a goodbye, this is a thank you. See you in the future! Who knows, another 4 year stint could be looming.”

Reason for leaving
APPROVED
Approved/Disapproved

Commander Signature
3 October 2021
Date

Tough one to process, thank you for all you have done 2Lt. You have been a great leader, a great example for others. I hope to see you return one day when you have more time. You are always welcome here. Thank you for all your personal help you have given me.

*Salute*

Best of luck, 2Lt. Salute

Sad to see you go, it have been a good two year with you in command.

Salute

Take care Lieutenant!
Thank you for everything you’ve done again, in the past 4 years!

Thank you for spending time with us, hope to see you roll with us once more when the time is right! o7

Take care 2Lt see you next time

Sad to see you go 2Lt. but it is how it is. Thanks for everything and hope to see you back here one day!

Good luck out there 2Lt. Stray!

o7

Goodbye 2lt., hope you come back some day!

Best of luck 2Lt. Stray!

First time here that you are not directly my boss Lt., good luck and see you around.

Very well put, 2Lt.

I still remember when a fresh faced Private Nielsen right out of BCT TK’d you in your OCS scrim… and the chat we had after :slight_smile:

Take care sir, hope to see you back soon. o7

Good luck out there, 2Lt.! We’ll be missing you.

Stay safe and take care!

Ach, another old face leaving. Good luck in and best wishes for all endevours life hands you 2Lt.