Honorable Discharge (Nicholas A. Mellinger)

29thsealheaderblack

HONORABLE DISCHARGE

FROM THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

This is to certify that

Nicholas A. Mellinger     2Lt.    FP1 HQ

was Honorably Discharged from the

UNITED STATES ARMY

on the 31th day of October 2021. This certificate is awarded

as a testimonial of Honest and Faithful Service

29thsealfooter

ARPC-OPM-ODATE: 31 October 2021

MEMORANDUM FOR Commander,

U.S. Army 29th Infantry Division, ATTN: AHRC-OP-S, 1 Reserve Way

Fort Belvoir, VA 22060

SUBJECT: Unqualified Resignation

1.I hereby tender my unqualified resignation as an Enlisted Soldier in the

United States Army under the provisions of Chapter 6, Section III,

AR 135-175.

2.I understand that if my resignation is accepted I am entitled to an

honorable separation and will be furnished an Honorable Discharge

Certificate. I understand that I cannot resign if I am a statutory obligor.

Signature
Nicholas A. Mellinger
Name (Type or Print)
Second LieutenantPlatoon Leader Fox Company, First Platoon, Headquarters
Rank Position Platoon/Squad

I have been contemplating this decision for quite awhile now and have come to a decision to discharge from the 29th. It was much easier as a college student who didn’t know what the hell they wanted to do with their life. Now that I’m finally facing the “real” world, it’s getting harder for me to dedicate my time to the 29th. I honestly never saw myself staying as long as I have. I was just looking for some people to play squad with and ended up finding one of the best online communities. Throughout my time in the 29th I have grown as a person and learned valuable life lessons even if this is just a “realism” unit. I have made hopefully lifelong friends and created memories that I won’t soon forget.

Cpl. Maestas, MSgt. Robles, 2Lt. Quiles, , T/5 Evarts, SSgt. Newton, SSgt. Crane, Sgt. York, T/5 Berus. You are all my closest friends. Without you, I wouldn’t have stayed as long as I have. People like you keep the 29th alive and make it an enjoyable community to be apart of. Thank you all for taking me out of comfort zones and showing me that online friendship can be as strong if not stronger than real life friendship. Hell, all of us even went beyond that and met in California.

Col. Wheatley, CSM Conrad, Maj. Fritz, Sgt. Maj. Dethfield, and all the leadership who have been guided me, thank you for giving me the opportunities to participate in this community.

There are many people here that I wish I could address in this message but there are so many of you that have made an impact on me. I hope to be back one day however, I think it is for the best I leave for now.

Take care.

Reason for leaving
APPROVED
Approved/Disapproved

Commander Signature
October 31 2021
Date

I’m genuinely surprised yet sad to see this. Maybe I wasn’t able to spend a lot of time with you 2Lt, but I surely knew how great of a person, leader, and friend you were. Thank you for all of your time and contribution to the unit. And thank you for welcoming me to Quartermaster. I wish you all the best and hope to see you again very soon!

Take it easy amigo.

It’s a shame to see you go, brother. Have a good one, and thanks for being amazing!

sadness.

Salute

F. I will luv you forever smelli melli. ;(

sad to see you go

Damnit he went for more cigarettes ;_;. See you later I will never forget our ridiculous shenanigans and the squad we built.

I wish you the best 2lt., you are one of the best.

Take care 2Lt… be safe

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Take care ! And be safe 2lt !

o7 Mr Mellinger

It’s a shame to see someone who has contributed so much leave. Good luck in your future endeavors, 2Lt. .

good man take care

salute
Good luck in the real world, 2Lt.!

Dang, 2Lt. Take care. We’ll see you again.

What will I do without you sending me memes :(. Take care.