Promotion (Andrew J. Grimes)

Let’s be honest here; few people do not know why we have clerks, why they are useful, why they do the things that they are assigned to do. The role of clerk has been around in the 29th for a very long time for good reason. They do the important but mundane paperwork so that senior leadership can focus on leading their men. Yet, like almost every position in this unit of ours, that only describes the basics of the position. Clerks can potentially do a lot more if they so choose and T/4 Grimes is a prime example of this.

He has helped facilitate two platoon expansions now by creating extensive documents to allow his HQ to easily figure out who should go where, he monitors the various reports of the battalion for inconsistencies, he trains every new clerk that comes into the position, and he is always on hand when we need something to be done quickly. Even now he is involved in a super-secret-diabolical-scheme-of-a-project that I have going. It is these extra uses of the clerk that have proven Grimes to be exceptionally skilled in the role of company clerk and he stands as the top example of what a senior clerk should be. In recognition of his exemplary service, I am proud to announce his promotion to Technician, 3rd Grade.

CERTIFICATION OF PROMOTION

TO ALL WHO SHALL SEE THESE PRESENTS, GREETING:

Know Ye, that reposing special trust and
confidence in the fidelity and abilities of

Andrew J. Grimes       991285178       EP3S3

I do promote him to Technician, 3rd Grade in the

UNITED STATES ARMY

to rank as such from the 13th day of June, 2021.

You are charged to discharge carefully and diligently the duties of the grade to which promoted and to uphold the traditions and standards of the Army.

Effective with this promotion you are charged to execute diligently your special skills with a high degree of technical proficiency and to maintain standards of performance, moral courage and dedication to the Army which will serve as outstanding examples to your fellow soldiers. You are charged to observe and follow the orders and directions given by superiors acting according to the law, articles and rules governing the discipline of the Army. Your unfailing trust in superiors and loyalty to your peers will significantly contribute to the readiness and honor of the United States Army.

Congratulations T/3! Keep up to good work!

You’re okay I guess

huh thats a thing

nice

nice one

well deserved…nerd!

You will always be my little secretary.

Look at this guy

A masochist at heart. Congratulations on the rare promotion.

that’s nice! Congrats T/3!

Very nice, congrats!