Rate What The Person Above You Is Listening To

7/10 - I didn’t know Jerry also did country music. His voice fits that well.

Seals and Crofts - “Summer Breeze”

8/10 Lovely vibes, sweet pop rock, I like the production on it, sounds hi-fi (very dry) but also old school, like something Alan Parson would produce, If I had to guess I’d put it at my favorite era for music production: The mid 70’s
Will definately be checking more by this band!

My song is one of the less well known Vietnam era anti-war anthems, from a pretty insane band oftenly classified as prog for their free and uncompromising usage of Rock, Jazz and Folk elements on the same songs, although they slightly predate the movement
Highlight to look for: The badass bass solo over war movie sounds in the middle of the song

8/10 - His voice and parts of the music reminds me of Jethro Tull. Great bass tone!

Now a song with a similar title:

Ole Børud - “This Blood”

7/10 Not quite my type of music, but not bad!

Leslie Fish - Firestorm - The Day It Fell Apart

7/10 NGL wasn’t really digging it at the beginning, but it really grew on me and I found myself really enjoying it by the end. really big Arlo Guthrie vibes.

Darlin’ - Houndmouth

6/10 - It’s nice, but doesn’t hook me enough for a playlist addition.

Spyro Gyra - “Shakedown”

7/10 - Love some good jazz here and there, not my first go to though. Very nice sax player however :+1:

Sundressed - “So Poetic”

4/10 - His voice sounds a bit too whiny for my ears. Song is just alright.

Joe Jackson - “Is She Really Going Out with Him?”

10/10 - Already have that on my playlist, absolutely great song.

Billy Joel - “Only the Good Die Young”

6/10 - I recognize that it’s Billy Joel, but personally it’s not my cup of tea. I will say it’s a good song though.

Cosmos - Yabadum

7/10 - It’s good, though I’ve never been a fan of that kind of “chill out” music.

Inexplicable - The Correspondents (one of my all-time favorites)

6/10 - Good funky bassline! But the song lacks a strong hook.

Bernhoft - “All My Loving”

9/10 - Great groove and those modulations are wild! I like it.

Ratatat - Wildcat - Found this one a few days ago now and can’t stop listening to it.

10/10 Instant classic, and never gets old. The entire Classics album is lit.

Eagleson - Electric Feel (MGTM cover) - Both versions are insane and completely different (Eagleson’s version has you fall asleep while MGMT’s original wakes the hell outta you).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cmn9PBJ9Fs

5/10 - Have to say I prefer the original a smidge better.

ABBA - “Don’t Shut Me Down”

(Brand new song from ABBA, who would have thought?)

7/10 - ABBA’s still around?? I don’t dislike their stuff but it’s never been my thing.

Max Cooper - Order From Chaos - And now for something completely different. This one takes a minute to get going, but wow.

7/10 Not a bad one, a little too alive for my liking but a solid tune. Really picks itself up after 1-2 minutes. Jesus I’ve not heard a Max Cooper track in forever.

Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

9/10, a true classic, however it’s not my particular style, but it’s still great nonetheless.

Megadeth - Tornado of Souls (Remastered 2004)

9/10 love me some Megadeth.

Ice Nine Kills - Hip To Be Scared

5/10 - I like the Huey Lewis and the News/American Psycho reference, but the rest does nothing for me. Even the chorus is pretty generic, sorry…

Linda Lyndell - “What a Man”