Three Years and Six Months of Service (James K. Leliveld)

Cpl. Burlock said:

I’ve always known Sgt. Leliveld to be an extremely outspoken and motivating individual in the 29th in terms of correcting and accelerating squad and unit performance; even before joining EP2S3. There is never a moment when he lets off the gas pedal. His selfless actions make him an outstanding leader, often taking into consideration individuals tactics, styles and suggestions. His passion to refine or perfect the way that EP2S3 plays the game never falters and makes him an exceptional leader. His tactical understanding of the battlefield, scenarios or even micro movements is something that can not be overlooked. Sgt. Leliveld always seems to be able to understand the scenario and knows exactly what is needed in order to be accomplished; while sometimes they can be very aggressive and it scares me to follow along, they always end up working.

I’ve been very privileged to work alongside Sgt. Leliveld, and, I’ve said this before, it was very nerve wracking coming to a new squad. He has been very welcoming to all new members and he continues to engage our core guys. He is an exceptional character, a great guy on and off the field. He would do anything for the squad, and the squad would do anything for him. I am honoured that I am a part of EP2S3 and that we have this Sgt. leading us into battle. I would like to sincerely congratulate you Sgt. Leliveld on your 7th AoCC. Thank you for everything you have done for the squad, the fantastic influence you’ve been to me and the outstanding leadership you possess.

aocc_box)