Battalion 1944

This is a new WW2 game coming out on Steam/XB1/PS4. It uses the Unreal Engine 4 and is slated for a May 2017 release. Bulkhead Interactive aims to revitalize the WW2 shooter genre. I'm excited for this, as I'm sick of the futuristic shooters/CoD games. You can check out the announcement trailer here

Comments

• Options

oh wow, this is the first I've heard of this, Game looks amazing, I'm a huge fan of the first 2 Call of Dutys, and this looks likes its ganna be that style of game play just look a lot better. I'm pretty excited for this!

• Options

Should the development studio reach all their Kickstarters donations or the game is very successful. There will be added new playable scenarios, like the Eastern Front, Pacific and Southern Front. Just imagine this content with graphics on our time (:

• Options

It seemed a bit raw at the moment, much more of an arcade shooter...

Thing is, I've never played a complete shooter such as Darkest Hour. Good maps, different variety of textures and camo, a good hit detection & damage system (which was much much better in 5.1) and the best is game makes impossible to allow a single player to dominate the entire gameplay (ofc if you play a team-work based game)...

If they work on the aspects which makes DH a good game and install it to their own, then why not a Dog Company for Battalion 1944 ^^ ...

• Options
    edited March 2016

After watching that gameplay I just don't know how I Feel, To me, it doesn't look great....I know its still Pre-Alpha etc.. but maybe a new video down the line will change my thoughts.

• Options

I never got into gaming during those early COD days, Halo CE is my throw back nostalgia. Though I can see how this might interest some. The only reason it has my interest is simply because its WW2, I'll wait and see how this continues to develop.

• Options

for my point of view it looks like a heroes and generals but with better graphics , but i love ww2 things so lets see

• Options
    edited August 2016

enter image description here

Hey guys figured id chime in on this since ive been watching it pretty closely. So this game is supposed to be a Medal Of Honor Allied Assault/ Call of Duty successor. Not a Day of Defeat, Red Orchestra or Heroes and Generals type game. They have recently relaunched their website at http://www.battaliongame.com/ They have also opened up their store again so you can buy into the Alpha, Beta or Early Access version of the game. Yes its pay to play earlier.

Ive been doing some reading and there are lots of cool things they are implementing in this. The early game footage you saw is not the game. It was a demo video put together to give you an idea what the game is going to be about. The developers have flat out said the footage has nothing to do with the game. One cool thing I read was that new players hjave a brand new uniform, clean shaven type appearance. The more you play, the more grizzled you look, gear gets worn, uniform gets worn. Its a pretty cool small idea I thought was interesting.

In any case, updates are coming and new footage. The game has garnered the attention of some big name Publishers (im guessing EA as one of them since the Medal of Honor series was put to rest). The developers seem keen on continuing on their own and are pretty into their project always emphasizing the quality of the game.

Projected release is May 2017. Here is a quick render video they released to show the attention to detail they are going for.

• Options

Beware. Based on dev gameplay footage released this is more quake arena shooter than "realism". Jump strafe no scope headshots and changing direction in the air etc. Totally lost my interest..

• Options

@"2Lt. Bergstrom" said:
    Beware. Based on dev gameplay footage released this is more quake arena shooter than "realism". Jump strafe no scope headshots and changing direction in the air etc. Totally lost my interest..

Call of Duty announced a WW2 game this year
    This shows up
    Cues X-Files music

• Options
    edited April 4

@"2Lt. Bergstrom" said:

Yep , i was expecting another kind of game not this , they f#$&* up xd

• Options

@"2Lt. Bergstrom" said:

lol oh god, what have they done

• Options

Yuck.

• Options

yikes

• Options

Oh my god

• Options

Not even in COD/MOH you could jump and run around like that.

• Options

I find it funny. Everyone was saying "authentic" and all these more realistic terminology to describe the game, but they threw in CoD and MoH in there as a "return to form" for the ww2 genre. Like, what were people thinking they were going to get? Authentic and CoD don't go together at all. Like, based off what I'm seeing, just play UT99. Don't make a WW2 game out of it.