Rate What The Person Above You Is Listening To

8/10 - Funky, good voice, upbeat while also keeping a Blues tone going to it. The only real issue is that it gets repetetive.

Let’s keep that upbeat funk going with some Laid Back - Baker Man

4/10 - Got a reference to “Slow Ride” by Foghat at 2:51, but beside that, I find nothing interesting about this. The production on this track has aged like milk, which doesn’t help either.

Joe Jackson - “You Can’t Get What You Want (Till You Know What You Want)”

9/10 - Joe Jackson and some funky sax? Only missing a montage wandering around New York City in a 1980s rom-com after breaking up with your love interest.

Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover (Live)

9/10 it’s Cliffs of Dover live version :smiley:

Mondo Gascaro - Dan Bila…

…or its alternate remix version

Welcome to Jakarta!

5/10

Blind Melon - “No Rain”

10/10 - Already on my top playlist!!

Olivia Rodrigo - “good 4 u”

8/10, in my sad songs playlist. I like parts of it but other parts suck.

Wonder - Shawn Mendes

5/10 - The part at 2:05 is cool, but otherwise this feels very average and replaceable to me.

Since Christmas is inching closer and closer, I figured it would be appropriate sharing ABBA’s first (and probably last) Christmas song which was released as a single last week:

ABBA - “Little Things”

4/10 - not good Christmas Music. I forgot ABBA existed, it sounded like they are singing to a group of 6 year olds. Not got the amazing spirit christmas should have.

In memory of JuiceWRLD, I’m listening to some of his bangers.

7/10 i personally dont listen to juice, but his music is allright

Please Don’t Go SIX60

9/10 - Dig the bass my guy. And it is a slow, good vibing song. Love it

The Presidents of the United States of America - “Bad Times”

6/10 - That has to be the longest band name I’ve seen. The song delivers a good vibe despite its title. Is it playlist material? No. It’s likeable, but not an amazing song by any means.

St. Lucia - “Elevate”

Solid 8/10. Great beat, clearly going for that 80s pop feeling.

Cheap Trick - “Reach Out”

6/10 not my style but a pretty good 80s song

BoyWithUke - Two Moons

5/10 - It’s nice, but ukulele stuff is not my cup of tea for active listening.

The Valentines - “Stay or Go”

6/10 I like it but don’t like it too much at the same time, I feel it tries to hard to be an ironic 80’s song, so it sort of implements elements all over the 80’s music spectrum that don’t necessarily fit it, it lacks a certain authenticity if you know what I mean, But if the material was developed sincerely with a modern but slightly vintage sound I’d like it better.

I have to say Pedersen, your ABBA love has gone underapreciated for too long in this thread :triumph:, as a fellow ABBA afficcionado I’m ditching the song that I was actually listening to to post what is probably my current favorite ABBA song (tho it tends to change every now and then), the bass in this is so underrated!

I have to say also this christmas I felt blessed to have lived to see ABBA reunite and release a whole new album!

8/10 - Best ABBA deep cut I’ve heard, I could see this growing on me with more listens, but nothing can beat “The Winner Takes It All” for me.

Dirty Loops & Cory Wong - “Follow the Light”

(For the record: this is not a cover of an MJ song, though they implemented many elements from his songs here + they did do a great cover of “Thriller” which I also recommend.)

Holy shit that’s damn groovy beyond belief, and catchy, the modulation at the end sent me haha 8/10 will definately be listening to that one more times

(and yes The winner takes it all is definately on my top 5 ABBA hehe)

for a change of sound landscape: Dio - Straight Through the Heart
Not even top 5 on a album with so many absolute gems, but it’s what’s in my head rn

6/10 - I love Dio’s voice, but his songs never really grabbed me.

Joe Jackson - “Got the Time”

7/10 - I really liked the instrumental, it had a good beat that I personally liked. The vocals weren’t my favorite, not the lyrics themselves, but the manner in which they are sung and edited.

A Horse with No Name - America