Enlistment - Rec. Sloan

Read the enlistment details at:

https://personnel.29th.org/#enlistments/14633

Hey Recruit,
Can you elaborate a little on your time with Xenos Gaming. Specifically we would like to know more about your reason for leaving and what name you used during it. Please use the following format.
| Unit | Game | Name | Rank | Reason for leaving |

Sure thing - this is going to be a little difficult since it was so long ago though.

| Xenos Gaming (UN) | Arma 3 | ‘Samson’ or ‘Sammson’ (it was a long time ago so I’m not sure but i rarely change my steam name) | Major (O-4) | Time commitment was too much so i had to stop. It became like a second job (3-6 hours a day) |

A few more details about my time; Went through the UN’s version of BCT. They promoted me to officer at completion due to me having a lot of experience with roleplaying and irl military experience. Over time I promoted up from 2Lt → Major

As an officer I was involved in writing the ROEs for all UN personnel and would usually visit the military checkpoints around the map and assist with any issues that required involvement from a senior officer. Usually something along the lines of dealing with disgruntled faction leaders or speaking to locals who were unhappy with any of the UN policies in the region.

This was back in the Arma 3 Life RP hay-days when there were tons of Youtubers on these servers and there were multiple Takistan life servers. I unfortunately just didn’t have that much free time since I was in school, so after a few months I let the admins know that I was stepping down.

Any other questions, let me know.

Pending HQ Approval.

Is it possible for me to change my name on the application? Id rather it appear as “(Rank) Samson”. Just swap the first and last

Name changed at Recruit’s request.

Approved for BCT. @intensesteak85 @RubiconRolo @Steinbeck

T/5 Grissom
Senior Enlistment Clerk

@stamperm72
29TH INFANTRY DIVISION

116TH REGIMENT, 2ND BN

LIGHTHOUSE OFFICE

Thank you for enlisting with the 29th Infantry Division. Your application has been accepted and the next step in becoming a member is to complete Basic Combat Training.

Your Basic Combat Training (BCT) Schedule:

Server:

29th Infantry Division [BCT Server] (192.223.27.143:7787))

Password:

easy

When:

Sunday, November 6th, to Thursday, November 10th, each night at 7pm EST

While we understand if you have to miss a training session, your attendance is a significant factor in graduating BCT.

If you do not understand time zones well, here is a link to a time zone converter, the link already has a preset EST and GMT time zone depending on what link you’ll click. To find the time difference click, ‘Add another city or time zone’ and type in a city near you that shares your time zone and add it. For example if I picked Los Angeles, which is a city on the west coast of America, I can see something scheduled at 7pm EST happening at 4pm PDT.

This is the EST link , this is the GMT link

Your Enlistment Liaison will invite you to the Steam Group of the TP to receive reminders before your training starts.

Important:

Before you do anything , read the Recruit Handbook to learn what you will need to know to pass BCT. It also contains the basic 29th rules, Frequently Asked Questions, and a guide on how to set your in-game name properly.

You may change your in-game name to Pvt. Samson [29th 1804]

Please note the following rules:
  1. As a recruit, you will train with the Rifleman Class only.

You are to use the Rifleman Class only on our servers, at all times.

After you pass BCT you will have the opportunity to train with other weapons.

1. Salute officers and warrant officers when they enter/leave our server.

Salute ranks WO1-5, 2Lt, 1Lt, Cpt, Maj, Lt. Col. - See the Recruit Handbook for info on how to bind a key to salute.

1. Read our Wiki Page on TeamSpeak Professionalism to see what kind of behavior we are expecting from you during your stay on our TS server.
  2. By enlisting with us you accept our Exclusivity Policy that states you will not participate in any other groups that play the following games: Arma 3/Arma 2/Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm/Rising Storm 2: Vietnam/Red Orchestra/Darkest Hour/Day of Defeat/Day of Defeat: Source/Squad.
  3. Reply to this enlistment thread stating simply ‘Checking In’.

This will let us know you are aware of your schedule so that we can put you on the training roster.

Enlistment Liaisons

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the following members, as they are here for you:

Eastern Standard Time Contacts

Cpl. Forest: Steam Profile | Send a Private Message

PFC Stamper: Steam Profile | Send a Private Message

Pacific Standard Time Contacts

PFC Dawn: Steam Profile | Send a Private Message

PFC Finan: Steam Profile| Send a Private Message

Greenwich Mean Time Contacts

PFC Lapp: Steam Profile | Send a Private Message

PFC Turki: Steam Profile | Send a Private Message

PFC Pritchard: Steam Profile | Send a Private Message

Medical Technicians

Please contact one of our assigned Medical Technicians if you have any technical problems.

T/5 Grissom: Steam Profile | Send a Private Message

Cpl. Hapers: Steam Profile | Send a Private Message

Please keep active on our server and forums, and good luck in basic combat training.

Regards,

garcia

Cpl. S. Garcia

29th Infantry Division
Lighthouse Corps
Enlistment Clerk

Checking In