Honorable Discharge (Christian D. Robles)

29thsealheaderblack

HONORABLE DISCHARGE

FROM THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

This is to certify that

Christian D. Robles     MSgt.    Fox Company HQ

was Honorably Discharged from the

UNITED STATES ARMY

on the 12th day of July 2021. This certificate is awarded

as a testimonial of Honest and Faithful Service

29thsealfooter

___

ARPC-OPM-ODATE: 12 July 2021

MEMORANDUM FOR Commander,

U.S. Army 29th Infantry Division, ATTN: AHRC-OP-S, 1 Reserve Way

Fort Belvoir, VA 22060

SUBJECT: Unqualified Resignation

1.I hereby tender my unqualified resignation as an Enlisted Soldier in the

United States Army under the provisions of Chapter 6, Section III,

AR 135-175.

2.I understand that if my resignation is accepted I am entitled to an

honorable separation and will be furnished an Honorable Discharge

Certificate. I understand that I cannot resign if I am a statutory obligor.

Christian D. Robles
Signature
Christian D. Robles
Name (Type or Print)
Master SergeantSenior NCO Fox Company Headquarters
Rank Position Platoon/Squad

It’s a little surreal…writing up my own discharge. Obviously, I’ve always known that nothing lasts forever and that everyone must eventually leave the metaphorical nest that is the 29th; however, it is still something that is hard to imagine until you are actually doing it. I don’t want to make this too, too long as I would write 2-3 pages of my time here. I have been here, effectively, a quarter of my life — I enlisted as a 17 year old, freshly out of high school, and am now a tax-paying adult. I have so many fond memories here and I have come to enjoy all of the genuine connections I have made with the people here. I never thought I would meet so many great people from all over the globe. Just to name a few…Maj. Fritz, you were probably the best officer I worked with/under; I appreciate your patience with me. Sgt. Maj. Dethfield, you were probably the most important connection I made here overall; thank you for helping me grow a spine. SSgt. Crane, you were instrumental on a lot of my outlooks of the 29th; thank you for never changing. SSgt. Newton, you were genuinely great to talk to about deep conversations. Sgt. Mellinger, thanks for being a good friend; enjoy your soon-to-be commission. I thank you to all of the other HQs, especially in 2nd Bn. I really enjoyed working with all of you; yes, even you Gibson. There are countless others, you know who you are, but I don’t want to make this a novel. My almost seven years here was amazing — I will never forget any of the memories I made here (or at least the important ones). I will, probably, eventually return one day. Until then, I’ll see you all when I see you..
Reason for leaving
APPROVED
Approved/Disapproved

Commander Signature
July 12 2021
Date

This was difficult to post, not because I haven’t posted a discharge in a few years, but because it feels like I’m losing my left arm. Working with you in Easy with Sgt. Maj. Dethfield was what I always wanted out of Company HQ. All of us tackling the monolith of running Easy. With our current structure in Second Battalion, you carried with you a lot of experience that you liberally dispersed. While losing you for the time being will be sorely felt, I have faith Fox will march ever onward and carry on your legacy. Thank you MSgt., I hope to see you back again when you can.

You are not allowed to leave, this is unacceptable.

Have a good one MSgt. It’s a shame to see you leave to go on your next adventure but I look forward for your return.

You may not be an officer, but I respect the hell out of you not to salute. Salute

Until next time.

This is one of the most hard-hitting things I have read, and it pains me to see you go. You have been such an influential person in Easy Company and 2nd Battalion as a whole that it’s hard to imagine this place without you. Your actions have impacted me on an individual level introducing me to things I would have never found, and I thank you for that. You were truly someone I consider to be my friend, and I’m glad the time we shared wasn’t in vain. Take care MSgt.

I remember having you as my DI years ago. You’ve been a massive influence on the battalion and I wish you the absolute best.

Oh god. Thank you for everything you’ve done, MSgt. We hope to see you soon. Best of luck and stay safe!

I…I am still in shock to be honest, it’s an end of an era really…it was a pleasure to work with you MSgt. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication, most of all thank you for take a chance on a grizzled old dude from the before fore time. Don’t know if I’d be where I am here if it weren’t for you and I will always be grateful.

Take care MSgt! You will be missed

Good luck out there MSgt.

I can honestly say that you have been one of, if not, the closest friend I have had. Even if it was mostly over the internet. We both know you have helped me a lot in multiple areas other than the 29th and I am greatly appreciative of your guidance. There are not a lot of people who would fly 2,427 miles to meet someone they have known just on the internet but, you were one of those people I really wanted to meet. I know this isn’t a final goodbye but, it will be different with you not around. Don’t be a stranger.

Arrivederci

Goodbye :frowning: :sleepy: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Have a good one MSgt! Come back soon!

I am glad you chose to stay on that fateful day so many years ago. I have no doubt I will wrangle drunk and high 29thers with you again. Get what needs to be done, done, and come right on back to us.

The first discharge that made me stop and take a deep breath. I had to re-read the name multiple times. You were the first SNCO that I’ve meaningfully interacted with, and I will miss you dearly. See you again soon.

Who am I going to be personal secretary for now?!?!

Farewell MSgt., solid B-tier squad leader you were.

You will be missed MSgt. Don’t be a stranger and come back and visit.

Hurts to see your name on here. You have been an instrumental part of my career and development here and I can’t express my thanks enough for it. Had some great times back in the day even though I was once ripped from your arms. Good luck with everything and don’t be a stranger. See you around my friend.

Another Able old dog bites the dust. DAMN

Very sad day. Building up easy company and 2nd Battalion with you was an amazing time and it really won’t be the same without you. I truly hope you do return some day.