U.S. Army 29th Infantry Division, ATTN: AHRC-OP-S, 1 Reserve Way

Fort Belvoir, VA 22060

SUBJECT: Unqualified Resignation

1.I hereby tender my unqualified resignation as an Enlisted Soldier in the

United States Army under the provisions of Chapter 6, Section III,

AR 135-175.

2.I understand that if my resignation is accepted I am entitled to an

honorable separation and will be furnished an Honorable Discharge

Certificate. I understand that I cannot resign if I am a statutory obligor.

Don Cassano

Signature
Don Cassano
Name (Type or Print)
Cpl.Squad LeaderEP4S2
Rank Position Platoon/Squad

Oh boy, this came a lot sooner than I thought or wished it had. I still had beautiful plans to stick around for another year minimum. Regardless, with my life in the Army, I have been forced to make a hard decision to leave the 29th. Though my service is being cut short, I’m still happy with my time here. It’s a good feeling to know you’ve made an impact on people - even if this should be expected of a squad leader. But I cannot take all the credit for an impact - I myself was impacted by people, in my leadership such as 2Lt. Runing, SSgt. Hatfield or Sgt. Maj. Dethfield(Again), my peers like Sgt. Jergulson and Sgt. Akbulut, various soldiers, and ofcourse my own squad current and past, who’ve made a collective impact. This time around in the 29th was much more memorable, that’s for sure! And for that, I can thank you all, both those mentioned and unmentioned. I don’t know when will be the next time I enlist, but likely won’t be for couple of years at least, and might even be 10 years, if ever. But when that day comes, and I hope it does, I hope to see many familiar faces flourishing like I did reenlisting this time, and I hope there’s even more this time. Until then, I’ll keep on carrying Ever Forward, and see you all when that time comes!
Reason for leaving
APPROVED
Approved/Disapproved

Commander Signature
31st October, 2023
Date

:saluting_face:

Wish you all the best and hope to see you again! :saluting_face:

We will teach many privates about spacing for the years to come. We’ll miss you, Cpl, but I’m sure this won’t be the last we see of you!

Hope to see you back one day Cpl. Make sure to always keep spacing.

We hope to see you back soon, Cpl.! :saluting_face:

The S word is safe with us!

Good bye Bappano!

Never hoped to see this day. I still remember when I joined the 29th and got so many tips and advices from this great man. We hope to see you again Cpl. Meanwhile, we’ll preach your wisdom about the S word. :saluting_face:

good luck in ur life Cpl, hope to see you back soon!

Good luck man, make sure you come back!

Very sad :frowning: I always enjoyed our talks and I really hope to see you hanging around here and there! Good luck out there Cassano!

:saluting_face: Good luck with what life holds for you!

May you forever remember spacing in real life too. o7