U.S. Army 29th Infantry Division, ATTN: AHRC-OP-S, 1 Reserve Way

Fort Belvoir, VA 22060

SUBJECT: Unqualified Resignation

1.I hereby tender my unqualified resignation as an Enlisted Soldier in the

United States Army under the provisions of Chapter 6, Section III,

AR 135-175.

2.I understand that if my resignation is accepted I am entitled to an

honorable separation and will be furnished an Honorable Discharge

Certificate. I understand that I cannot resign if I am a statutory obligor.

Lukas Fossi
Signature
Lukas Fossi
Name (Type or Print)
SergeantSquad Leader Dog Company, First Platoon, Third Squad
Rank Position Platoon/Squad

Gentlemen, I’d like to start this one with a quote from my favourite movie Kung Fu Panda: “My time has come.” When I joined back in March 2020 I only had in mind to skip the lockdown caused by Covid-19, and in my head it was like: “Yea these are going to be some nice 2 weeks”. Well this kind of backfired, nonetheless I have found a great thing in the 29th. Well structured, disciplined and a friendly community made me stay much longer than expected. I probably started as a very average private, but soon I found interest in leading and how things come, I found myself in a leading position quite early on. I saw many faces come & go, made some friendships that still last and together with the squad we moved through highs & lows. You guys helped me a lot with improving my english but also my social skills, and before I forget it, leading has also shaped me a bit. Over the course of almost 3 and a half years, I have led S3 for 2 years and although we had a lot of personnel changes, I will never forget our core: T/5 Valiūnas, PFC Jose & PFC Zikov. Our legendary pub nights with WO1 Meerts, Sgt. Knezevic, T/4 Stachurski, Cpl. Chyorny, T/5 Elbayed, T/5 Friedrich & many more I will also keep in mind (especially the bad jokes), well we had a lot of free time in 2020/2021. While life was changing a lot, the drills with S3 and DP1 were always a constant in my life, and I made sure to always give my best for everybody. The past year or so my free time got reduced by a lot, nevertheless I tried to come to drills to lead us to victory, it was especially a hard time from March 2022 to September 2022, I was without an ASL, but I had an awesome squad who were always eager to give in everything for each other, so that kept me going. Now that my job requires me to put in a bit more effort there, I don’t have the strength to continue with a standard I’d like to keep, therefore I decide it is best to leave. With our “younger” generation in the squad namely PFC Sklepek, PFC Munirov, PFC Bukowy, PFC Stirling, PFC Schmid & PFC Jagan I can see a motivated group of people to keep the flame burning. Keep up the good work and never stop improving yourselves. Once again I’d like to thank everyone who was involved in making good memories, because it is something special and I hope many more can experience something similar. So I will say it for one last time: “Thank you for your feedback gentleman, feel free to leave the server and I’ll see you next time!”

Reason for leaving
APPROVED
Approved/Disapproved

Commander Signature
2nd October 2023
Date

Hope you come back to the unit soon Sgt.

Hate to see you go brother, come back to see us and know you’ll always have a home in Dog.

The short time ive known you and the fun of watching all those awols, i know you will be missed! Good luck out there, Sgt.!

Thank you for your feedback Fossi, see you next time :wink:

Excuse me Sergeant?! You leave without saying goodbye to me :frowning:

So long Sarge, hope we’ll see you soon!

I can feel the pain all the way from my place but nothing can be done, keep your priorities first. Good luck out there Sgt.

Thank you for all Sgt. I remeber your warm welcome to the unit when i got assigned to S3. It convinced me that joining 29th was a good decision. A small light for a new private. Despite the fact that i got moved to S2 few days later i’m still grateful for that.
Once more, thank you for all your drills, pubbing and just hanging around on TS speaking about everything and nothing. Take care of yourself and don’t hesitate to visit us from time to time.

Sad to see you going Sgt. Good luck

Thank you for being a great Squad leader and at the same time a fantastic friend! Keep that chin up and your positive attitude always… uh… positive I guess. See you around!

Hate to see you go Sgt. Fossi. Hope to see you again some time!