Honourable Discharge (Stephen J. Taylor)

29thsealheaderblack

HONORABLE DISCHARGE

FROM THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

This is to certify that

Stephen J. Taylor     Cpl.     EP1S2

was Honorably Discharged from the

UNITED STATES ARMY

on the 18th day of November 2021. This certificate is awarded

as a testimonial of Honest and Faithful Service

29thsealfooter

___

ARPC-OPM-ODATE: 18 November 2021

MEMORANDUM FOR Commander,

U.S. Army 29th Infantry Division, ATTN: AHRC-OP-S, 1 Reserve Way

Fort Belvoir, VA 22060

SUBJECT: Unqualified Resignation

1.I hereby tender my unqualified resignation as an Enlisted Soldier in the

United States Army under the provisions of Chapter 6, Section III,

AR 135-175.

2.I understand that if my resignation is accepted I am entitled to an

honorable separation and will be furnished an Honorable Discharge

Certificate. I understand that I cannot resign if I am a statutory obligor.

Stephen J. Taylor
Signature
Stephen J. Taylor
Name (Type or Print)
CorporalSquad Leader Easy Company, First Platoon, Second Squad
Rank Position Platoon/Squad

" Despite knowing since I got to EP1 that I would be discharging around this time, it doesn’t make it any easier leaving you guys. I came into EP1 having never been to a 2nd Battalion Euro drill, with only a few months of ASL time under my belt. Despite this, EP1S2, all of EP1, and leadership above helped me in countless ways to adapt and grow as a Squad Leader, a position I originally thought would be an achievement much farther down the road for a much more seasoned and experienced me.

And as you helped me grow, you grew with me. EP1S2, you’ve come a long way since I got here. Through rough times and good times, you’ve become an exponentially more effeicient squad in drills. Far from perfect, but much closer to it than when I started here. Keep working to improve yourselves. Don’t just work to fix weaknesses, continue to grow closer as a squad and your playstyles will continue to mesh until you’re unstoppable. If any squad has a chance to make this possibility a reality, it’s you guys.

To all of EP1, you guys will always hold a special place in my heart for helping me become what I am today. Each of you have in some way made me enjoy my time in the 29th. Through all the drills, pubs, and games we’ve played, all of you have made me welcome in a place I came to knowing nothing about. Discharging won’t change the frienships I’ve made here, and I’ll be doing my best to come back as much as I can… mainly so I can beat you guys up guesting you’re drills.

Someday, hopefully sooner rather than later, I’ll be back to the 29th. While I don’t think I’ll be able to make it back to EP1 for a long time, I’ll still guest every Euro drill I can just like I used to guest all of the American drills. Believe me, I won’t make myself a stranger.

If you ever need to find me, search the Kebab stands in Istanbul and you may find me with Cpl. Devseli and Sgt. J. Wright making the best kebabs you’ve ever tasted."

Reason for leaving
APPROVED
Approved/Disapproved

Commander Signature
November 18 2021
Date

Truly a honorary European. See you soon!

I won’t stand for this. My Star Citizen friend, I will see you around

Couldn’t be more thankful. Honestly, thank you for all the time we’ve spent together playing not only Squad but some other games as well and generally having fun. You thought me some stuff which I won’t forget and I want to thank you for it. Good luck with everything and have a safe trip home.

I’m glad I reminded you to re enlist! You’ve certainly made a great impact since you returned, good work Cpl. Taylor, see you around!

You taught me how to play the game from zero hours up to 400. You quite literally took me under your wing and shown me how to play AIT’s and be a leader in PUB matches, you went above and beyond as a squad leader and you are purely the reason I have improved quickly as a rifleman. EP1 won’t be the same without you Corporal and I hope to see you at some EP1 drills as a guest (or even join the squad again if the numbers are okay with that). Anyone who is lucky enough to be under your command can be guaranteed a good time and fast improvement. Enjoy your flight back to the states and don’t be a stranger to us. See you soon Corporal Taylor!

See you around

Sad to see you go Taylor, thank you for quickly getting me up to speed with the 29th standards again when I rejoined and help. Me finish my SLT classes. Together we were able to lead EP1S2 to many victories and we could be proud of the small improvements made from week to week.

I hope that we will get to do tons of drills together again in the future either with you being a guest or who knows, maybe, as squad mates again some time! We will have to continue playing STAR Citizen though, and Siege, and so many more!

Good luck with your Pilot application Cpl! I hope it all goes smooth.

So long and ever forward!

You’ll be back they ALWAYS come back

Sad to see you leave once more, but I know you will rejoin once more. Take care Cpl.