Operation FitOps Challenge

Hello Soldiers,

I hope this message finds you all in good health and high spirits. As much as we love the adrenaline-fueled battles in Arma 3 and the tactical engagements in Squad, it’s time to switch gears and engage in a different kind of mission—one that involves running, walking, or biking!

Operation FitOps Challenge

We’re thrilled to announce the 29th ID Operation FitOps Challenge, a friendly sports competition designed to test not only our virtual combat skills but also our physical endurance. It’s time to step out of the walking simulators and step in (pun intended) into the real walking! This event aims to promote camaraderie, well-being, and a bit of healthy competition among our ranks.

How It Works:

1. Choose Your Battlefield:

• Running enthusiasts, lace up those boots and hit the pavement or trails.
  • Walkers, grab your gear and explore your surroundings at a brisk pace.
  • Cyclists, saddle up and conquer the road or trails on two wheels.
  • For our soldiers on wheels, whether it’s a wheelchair or any other mobility aid, roll out and log your distance.

2. Registration:

• Install Strava
  • Run into this link and join the club
  • Join the event
  • Reply to this post with your preferred activity (Running, Walking, or Biking) and let us know you’re in!
  • Feel free to team up with fellow soldiers or go solo—your choice!

3. Mission Duration:

• First part of the mission, called First 2K, will run from 20th of November 2023 to 26th of November 2023. That gives you plenty of time to log your miles/kilometers and make a significant impact for yourself and also as group!
  • You will need to run only 2 kilometers (1.24 miles) in this period of time.

4. Track Your Progress:

• Use Strava, or your favourite fitness app or device, to track your distance and time.
  • Post your activity in this thread to share your progress and pictures.

General Rules:

• Respect the spirit of fair play and sportsmanship: track those steps, run those miles
  • Encourage and support your fellow soldiers throughout the challenge.
  • Remember, the goal is to have fun and get active!

Let’s show the gaming world that the 29th Infantry Division is not only a force to be reckoned with in the virtual battlefield but also a unit that values health and fitness.

Enlist in the Operation FitOps Challenge now, and let the games begin! Suit up, step out, and let’s complete this mission together.

Stay fit, stay fierce! Ever Forward!

PFC Osaka

I love it!

Does the app, however, require the phone to be on you to track the miles? As I usually run light, with just my keys.

If you have a sports device that can sync with the App (like Garmin, Polar, Suunto, FitBit, Xiaomi), it should work.

If not, then yes I think you need it with you as it will track your distance using your phone’s GPS.

But in the event that you don’t want to do it, just simply go for a run and then if you have any sort of tracking that you did those 2k (either running, walking, cycling), post your result here.

EDIT: In addition to what T/5 Cowles said, certain Samsung devices can also be synced

Apple Watches work too.

Will join you guys as soon as possible!

Im so game. I dont have a bike so ill be doing hikes

Biking, running, hiking/walking. Whatever works. Important is that we will smash those 2K first

Well I run and ruckmarch a bunch. 2k, miles or km, is no issue, daily! I’m game

Well if i needed the motivation for biking this will be it!

Got in my 2k today in the morning!
Your turn to run/walk/hike/bike 2k

The first part of the Operation of the FitOps Challenge ended.

I know I said only 2km, but damn @Ender went to do more kilometers, enough for other 23 members.

For those of you who didn’t post it in the app but went anyway for a walk/run/hike/bike, CONGRATULATIONS!

For those that couldn’t join this time, don’t worry. I will still organize this event pretty soon.