Promotion (Aiden P. McArdle)

SSgt. Crane said:

At long last, the time has come. I have spent my time here in the 29th, long as it has been, watching certain people fail and other folks succeed. One such man I have wanted nothing but success for has been Corporal McArdle. With three years of service underneath his belt, Corporal McArdle has sat in two separate Squad Leader positions and proven himself a master of the role twice over. With the advent of new tests and skills it became a waiting game for the Corporal to see how much farther he could go; the truth was, of course, that none of us in upper leadership had any doubts, only checking out watches and comparing our calendars. As such, we have reached that time when the good Corporal has nothing left to prove and I can wait no longer to see him receive his just desserts. It is my honor, then, to promote “Bill” McArdle to the honored rank of Sergeant. Congratulations on your third chevron, Sergeant; you deserve it.

CERTIFICATION OF PROMOTION

TO ALL WHO SHALL SEE THESE PRESENTS, GREETING:

Know Ye, that reposing special trust and
confidence in the fidelity and abilities of

Aiden P. McArdle       159203323      FP2S1

I do promote him to Sergeant in the

UNITED STATES ARMY

to rank as such from the 13th day of January 2022 .

You are charged to discharge carefully and diligently the duties of the grade to which promoted and to uphold the traditions and standards of the Army.

Effective with this promotion you are charged to execute diligently your special skills with a high degree of technical proficiency and to maintain standards of performance, moral courage and dedication to the Army which will serve as outstanding examples to your fellow soldiers. You are charged to observe and follow the orders and directions given by superiors acting according to the law, articles and rules governing the discipline of the Army. Your unfailing trust in superiors and loyalty to your peers will significantly contribute to the readiness and honor of the United States Army.

Congrats Sgt.!

Congratulations Sergeant!

Second battalion has been on that Sergeant promotion streak, and here’s another one! Congratulations Sergeant McArdle, keep up the fantastic work!

Glad to see you finally achieve this. Much deserved!

Congrats Sergeant, you’ve been the best damn squad leader!

They’ll let anyone be Sgt these days … anyone as good an SL as you ! Congrats